Wednesday 4 November 2009

Norway, again

Ok, I'm feeling a bit silly - like I've just had some proof that this going backwards idea is a bit of a trap. As I said last week I wanted to prepare a selection of photos from a trip to Norway I took some time ago, as I was making the selection I got an acute sense of déjà vu, as the number of photos on the screen dwindled I realised that I had indeed been there before - in fact, I recognised the same decision making processes arriving at what seemed to me to be pretty damned close to the same choices...





But what gets me is that seeing the selection I find myself thinking that I had already made this selection, I had already posted it on my very first website and shared it with Fred and Jeff, the friends with whom I had travelled, and that was the end of that, the series was forgotten and I moved on the better for it.

The question is am I now wasting my time repeating processes that I have been through sufficiently long ago to have forgotten? Should I be burying my negatives and concentrating on moving forwards instead of scanning them and going backwards?

No comments:

Post a Comment