Monday 26 October 2009

I go backwards to go forwards

So I'm still going backwards in scanning all my negatives, this evening I'm just on the point of going back to my last trip home to Australia, which dates back to a little more than three years ago. It's a funny feeling going backwards at the same time as I am moving along in other works. It is funny to see, as I am tagging my images with words such as portrait, Interior, blad, and contax, that I have (so far), this many photos of one thing and that many of another.

I always have had the impression that my work is not the series that I have made for this or the other presentation, but the whole lot of photos in their most basic form. Is this a trap? Is this just the danger of always looking back instead of continuing the experimentation?



No comments:

Post a Comment