Friday 30 October 2009

Parallels

When I first came to Brussels to study photography I brought with me a shiny new 503cw from Victor Hasselblad. The camera was so new that I had hardly dared use it, perhaps I was scared that it would vaporise from my hands if I held it too much, maybe I was afraid that I wouldn't take any photos that justified my having such a wonderful machine.

Therefore I started the year timidly with my trusty Nikon camera, it was a slow start until I took that shiny mechanical marvel with me on an afternoons visit to my host-families parents place where I spent a wonderful afternoon with them and felt free enough to take the following series:




I caught myself thinking of this series this morning and wondering what it would look like if I put these other more recent photos alongside it.

No comments:

Post a Comment